Tuesday, April 15th, 2014 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
ST. HENRY - Selected hunters, under strict regulations, will help the village eliminate the Canada geese problem at the wastewater plant. Council members Monday night approved an emergency ordinance to allow early geese hunting . . .
MONTEZUMA - A local man recently was indicted on federal charges for illegally possessing firearms and ammunition. The case in the U.S. District Court against Timothy Scott Workman, 44, Montezuma, is related to a 10-count indic . . .
CELINA - After playing in warm weather over the weekend, the Celina boys tennis team had to deal with chilly temperatures as they got back into Western Buckeye League play against Wapakoneta at the Booster Club Tennis Complex. . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Jordan: Search for answers from IRS not over
• Circle K construction to begin this month
• Parkway increases preschool rates
• Fort delays playground equipment plan
• St. Henry hires coach it had forced to resign
• Coldwater looks for ways to corral stray cats
• Netbooks keep on working for Marion Local eighth-graders
• Bulldogs fall in slugfest
• Holdheide's walk-off single lifts Redskins
• Celina baseball on hot streak since 1-2 start
• Ripploh pitches Wildcats to win
Donald E. Minnich, 52, St. Marys, died April 13, 2014, at his residence. He was born May 4, 1961, in St. Marys, to Herschel and Barbara Howell Minnich. His mother survives in Celina. Also surviving are three children, Barbie . . .
Thalia Rochelle Christlieb was born sleeping on March 18, 2014, at IU Methodist Hospital at 1:10 a.m. She is survived by her mommy, Joanie N. Christlieb, Fort Wayne, Ind.; two sisters, Briana and Adalyn Byrd, at home; g . . .
Eugene V. "Gene" Homan, 75, Coldwater, died April 14, 2014, at his home. He was born Oct. 13, 1938, in St. Peter, to Raymond T. and Leonore Thien Homan. He married Norma Jean Thomas on Oct. 19, 1957, and she survives in Coldwat . . .