Wednesday, June 4th, 2014 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Law enforcement officials say keeping drunken drivers off area roadways - particularly habitual offenders - is almost impossible. Celina Police Chief Tom Wale said the issue frustrates him because there is no real solution to k . . .
CELINA - After 17 innings and nearly five hours of baseball, the Parkway ACME baseball team came away with a doubleheader sweep against Celina Tuesday night at Montgomery Field. The Panthers rallied in the seventh inning to ti . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• More funds, annexation needed, officials say
• Merchants gear up for Taste of Celina
• Minster's downtown park upgrade nearing completion
• U.S. 33 closes after two semis crash
• Trainer wants clients to 'Just Breathe'
• Minster's softball program came from humble beginnings
• Cavaliers face defending champs in semis
• Slavik, Mariners ready to start season
• Racers look to capture the Late Model Dream
• Indians down Flyers
Leo J. Tebbe, 85, rural New Bremen, died at 6:40 p.m. June 2, 2014, in the emergency department of Joint Township District Memorial Hospital, St. Marys. He was born Aug. 20, 1928, in Glynwood, to William and Mary Kramer Tebbe. . . .
Dave Hawkey, 58, St. Marys, died June 3, 2014, at OSU/Wexner Medical Center, Columbus. Arrangements are being completed at Miller-Long & Folk Funeral Home, St. Marys, where visitation will be 2-4 and 6-8 p.m. Friday. . . .
Joan Schoenherr, 86, Coldwater, died June 3, 2014, at Briarwood Village, Coldwater. Arrangements are pending at Brockman-Boeckman Funeral Home, Fort Recovery. . . .
Memorial services for Daniel Toler will be held 5-7 p.m. June 8 at Briarwood Village in Coldwater. Toler, a Celina resident, died May 3 at his home. . . .
Jane Wilkins, 76, Celina, passed away at 2:15 p.m. June 2, 2014, at St. Rita's Medical Center, Lima. Services are pending at Lehman-Hogenkamp-Dzendzel Funeral Home, Celina. . . .