Thursday, June 19th, 2014 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Local results for a statewide third-grade reading test range from below average at Fort Recovery to 100 percent passage at Marion Local. All third-grade students must earn a score of 392 on the reading portion of the Ohio Achie . . .
Most area student-athletes dream one day of making it big in basketball, volleyball, football or baseball. Logan Tingley has a different dream in a different sport. Tingley, a soon-to-be senior at Celina High School, hopes . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Lightning KOs power, eyed as cause of fires
• Marion industrial park lots selling quickly
• Local author digs out facts about more character actors
• Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds hit home run in opener
• Third inning sinks Mariners
• Kemenah hopes season turns around
Joseph F. Voisin, 71, St. Marys, died at 8:08 a.m. June 18, 2014, at his residence. He was born Dec. 31, 1942, in Mt. Pleasant, Mich., to Joseph and Fetta Grace Martin Voisin. On Sept. 5, 1989, he married Lana Jean Minkner-Zeig . . .