Wednesday, July 16th, 2014 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
CELINA - Bryant Rhoades - one of two men implicated in the November 2011 murders of Robert and Colleen Grube of Fort Recovery - on Tuesday backed out of a negotiated plea deal that could have spared him the death penalty. Altho . . .
ARCHBOLD - For the second straight game, Coldwater jumped out early and never looked back as the Cavaliers kept their ACME season going with a 12-2 win over Bath in an elimination game at the state ACME tournament on Tuesday in A . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• LFA set to pursue grant for treatment
• Fisher chosen to lead Auglaize health board
• Health official: STDs increase with heroin use
• Auglaize drug roundup nabs 17
• Park district levy to face voters again
• Buyers eye Minster industrial park lots
• Rockford police arrest Van Wert woman in 2010 check fraud case
• Local fire department snags $23,437 grant
• Hogenkamp advances to match play in Kansas
Angela M. Prenger, 91, Coldwater, died July 15, 2014, at Briarwood Village, Coldwater. She was born June 10, 1923, in Maria Stein, to Frank E. and Regina Eyink Knapke. On June 5, 1946, she married Norbert Prenger, who died Nov. . . .
Joe A. Strosnider, 63, Ansonia, passed away in the afternoon of July 13, 2014, at St. Rita's Medical Center, Lima. He was born March 19, 1951, in Darke County, to Carlton W. "Sam" and Melissa L. Reigle Strosnider, New Weston. O . . .
Jerri D. Bias, 40, Salamonia, Ind., died July 14, 2014, at his residence. He was born March 31, 1974, to Jerry and Lana Williams Bias. Jerry Bias survives in Salamonia, and Lana Bias survives in Fort Recovery. Also surviving . . .
Marilyn J. Emans, 86, Mendon, died July 14, 2014, at St. Rita's Medical Center, Lima. She was born April 21, 1928, in Jennings Township, Van Wert County, to Orville W. and Gladys C. Marbaugh Wright Coffman. On Dec. 24, 1946, sh . . .