Wednesday, September 10th, 2014 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
MINSTER - A local woman faces up to 36 months in prison after admitting to stealing $190,000 from two local Catholic churches where she formerly worked. Jane Boeke, 57, of Minster, who had been director of religious education . . .
COLDWATER - A shorter lunch period to extend class time and better prepare students for mandated tests has greatly reduced disciplinary problems, according to school officials. The unexpected benefit occurred after officials th . . .
ST. MARYS - For the second time in four days, the Minster Wildcats volleyball team hit the road to tangle with a Western Buckeye League foe. And for the second time in four days, head coach Cami Garman's girls returned home tri . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Barn, hay destroyed in blaze
• Project takes flight with county's approval
• Federal funds sought to solve water woes
• State implements new body art regulations
• County officials pave the way for employee parking lot work
• Parkway board approves memorandum with teachers
• Felony charges filed against Celina man
• New Bremen council considers electric safety, ball diamond upgrades
• Bed and breakfast opens in Coldwater
• Mechanic doing brisk business after buying shop
• Redskins roll past Cavaliers in three sets
• Bulldogs continue scoring surge
• Celina comes up big in WBL boys soccer
The Rev. Floyd Braun, 87, St. Marys, died at 1:35 p.m. Sept. 8, 2014, at the Miller House, Celina. He was born July 5, 1927, near Saginaw, Mich., to Bernhardt and Caroline Kuhl Braun. On July 16, 1978, he married Arlene Leschan . . .
The Rev. Robert Keith Chiles, 81, formerly a pastor at a United Methodist Church in Celina, died Sept. 8, 2014. His first wife, Carrol Hurst, died in 1997 after 41 years of marriage. In 1999, he married Dee Ann Kahn, who died i . . .
Rebecca S. "Becky" Frankenberger, 52, Wabash, passed away Sept. 9, 2014, at her residence. She was born March 4, 1962, in St. Marys, to John Norman, who survives in Shawnee, and Darla Case Petrolia, who survives in St. Marys. O . . .
James "Henry" Gurney, 47, New Bremen, died at 11:20 a.m. Sept. 6, 2014, at Good Samaritan Hospital, Dayton. A gathering of family and friends will take place 5–8 p.m. Thursday at Miller Funeral Home, west chapel, St. Marys. . . .