Saturday, September 13th, 2014
Two buildings separated by a coal shed served as Carthagena School until the summer of 1961. The brick structure, at left, dates back to 1892. The white-frame building was moved in 1936 to property at the corner of Carthagena and Philothea roads. Both were taken down in 1974. Former students are planning a Sept. 21 reunion.
Related online story:
CARTHAGENA - The buildings have been gone for decades but memories remain in the hearts and minds of former Carthagena School students.
Additional pictures on this date
Copyright © 2019 Standard Printing Co. All Rights Reserved