Wednesday, October 22nd, 2014 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
ROCKFORD - An aging radio tower in southern Mercer County will be moved north to help a grassroots radio station get on the air. The 100-foot emergency radio tower near the Southwest Mercer Fire Department in Fort Recovery will . . .
ELIDA - Just when the momentum was whisked away from her team by Wapakoneta, Bekah Carr literally used her head to right the ship. Carr's header into the back of the net with 9:58 left in the first overtime gave Celina a 2-1 wi . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Elections board discusses voting procedures
• Fort needs bus drivers for extracurriculars
• Rockford subdivision survey completed
• Dog shot by policeman returned to its owner
• Woman's love of candles burns brightly
• Redskins, Wildcats advance
• More local women operating businesses
• Local Women in Leadership group launched
Terina John, 71, Celina, died at 1:40 p.m. Oct. 16, 2014, at Mercer County Community Hospital, Coldwater. She was born April 4, 1943, in Jaluit, Marshall Islands, to Moses Libuke and Minnie Enos Moses. On Feb. 14, 1961, she mar . . .
Glen Miller, 96, Rockford, died at 3:20 p.m. Oct. 21, 2014. He was a resident of The Laurels of Shane Hill, Rockford. Arrangements are pending at Ketcham-Ripley Funeral Home, Rockford. . . .
Rilla Bernice Ripley, 90, Van Wert, died Oct. 18, 2014, in Van Wert. She was born June 9, 1924, on her family's farm near Willshire, to H.L. and Goldie Hileman Putman. On Aug. 4, 1944, she married LaVerne T. Ripley, who died N . . .