Tuesday, December 2nd, 2014 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Mercer County fire departments this week were awarded more than $50,000 in grants to help pay user fees slated to increase for radio equipment. The new Multi-Agency Radio Communications System grants awarded to the 10 local age . . .
CELINA - An Indiana man - sought by law enforcement for about two months - was cited for failure to yield after allegedly causing the crash of two semitrailers on Oct. 1 at the intersection of U.S. 127 and state Route 119. Davi . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Celina man pleads guilty to reduced charges
• Fort council acts on pay ordinance
• Flyers top Bulldogs, win championship
• Moore rooting for his old team
• WaterDogs look to continue success
• AquaCavs will build on experience
• Numbers building for Indians program
• Flyer swimmers have potential
• Wildcats ready to have strong season
• Cardinals have veteran swimmers
• Roughriders return with experience
• Miracle has young group of MatDogs
• Schmidt waiting for full squad of Cavs
• Roughriders ready for another season
• Bulldogs back in league action
• Cavs hope to stay successful
• Flyers expect fun, competitive year
• Positive outlook for Wildcats
• Cardinals mix veterans with newcomers
• Panther boys, girls hoping for solid seasons
• Redskins ready to defend league crown
• Roughriders look to improve
• 2014-15 West Ohio High School Bowling Conference Schedule
Charles W. Jackson, 73, Miamisburg and formerly of Franklin and Carlisle, entered into eternal rest Thanksgiving morning, Nov. 27, 2014, after spending his last days surrounded by his family. He was born June 26, 1941, in Hudso . . .
Patricia FitzGerald Smith, 91, Shippensburg, Pa., died peacefully Nov. 28, 2014, at her home. She was born in 1923, in England, to Maurice and Marie FitzGerald. In 1955, she married Richard J. Smith, who survives. Also surviv . . .
Eva L. Burd, 83, Celina, passed away peacefully at 7:05 a.m. Nov. 29, 2014, at her home. She was born Feb. 11, 1931, in Celina, to Russell and Elsie Draper Schmidt. On June 6, 1948, she married William Burd, who died Jan 27, 20 . . .
Norman McDermitt, 75, St. Marys, died at 6:50 p.m. Dec. 1, 2014, in the emergency department at Joint Township District Memorial Hospital, St. Marys. Arrangements are pending at Miller Funeral Homes, St. Marys. . . .
Drucella M. Schlamb, 89, Rossburg, died Dec. 1, 2014, at Briarwood Village, Coldwater. Arrangements are pending at Brockman-Boeckman Funeral Home, Fort Recovery. . . .