Tuesday, December 9th, 2014 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
CELINA - Stories of Shirley Temple posters and Roy Rogers action figures were told Sunday afternoon at the Richardson-Bretz Building as people remembered the toys of their childhood. With Christmas almost here, the Mercer Coun . . .
COLDWATER - The death of a Coldwater woman found in her apartment in August has been attributed to arterioscierotic cardiovascular disease or a heart attack, according to the Montgomery County Coroner's Office. The body of Ange . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Celina councilman critical of city errors
• York to retire as New Bremen administrator
• St. Marys, police sergeants approve three-year contract
• State asks input on farm permit renewal
• Property owners interested in land trade with village
• Marion Local school board lauds football team for state title
• St. Henry school board sets pay rate
• St. Henry council moves closer to granting employee raises
• One amazing weekend
• Hoying adds to family legacy at 'The Shoe'
• Timeline to the Cavaliers' championship
• Facts and tidbits from the weekend
• Goettemoeller rises to the occasion
• Flyers dominate on their way to fourth title
• A meaningful title for the Minster community
• Drama-filled playoff run ends with hardware
• MAC State Football Champions
Violet L. Bauer, 98, Celina and formerly of rural Mendon, died at 10:27 p.m. Dec. 6, 2014, at Mercer County Community Hospital, Coldwater, with her family at her side. She was born Oct. 16, 1916, in Spencerville, to Floyd Alvin . . .
Carol Gorn, 64, formerly of Celina, died Dec. 6, 2014, surrounded by her family, after a lengthy illness. She was born in 1950, in Celina, to Donald and Dorothy Leffler. Surviving are her stepmother, Carolyn Leffler; a si . . .
Charles E. Hamrick, 89, Decatur, Ind., died at 8:35 a.m. Dec. 5, 2014, at Adams Woodcrest Nursing Home, Decatur, Ind. He was born Jan. 26, 1925, in Adams County, Ind., to Samuel L. and Nora V. Frank Hamrick. On Sept. 1, 1951, h . . .
Eleanor V. Frysinger, 88, Celina, died at 10:40 a.m. Dec. 8, 2014, at St. Rita's Medical Center, Lima. Arrangements are pending at Lehman-Hogenkamp-Dzendzel Funeral Home, Celina. . . .
Richard C. "Dick" Francis, 70, Versailles, passed away at 3:50 p.m. Dec. 7, 2014, at his residence. He was born Jan. 5, 1944, in Greenville, to Carl and Amelia Simon Francis. He was married to Jane Francis, who is deceased. On . . .