Tuesday, February 10th, 2015 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
CELINA - City council members Monday night passed first reading of legislation to borrow additional money on behalf of the Bryson Trust Fund to finalize the purchase of two lakeshore-area properties. But some councilmen questio . . .
PORTLAND, Ind. - Nikki Borgerding opted for Minster's school lunch on Monday instead of her usual pre-race meal at Subway leading up to the Cavalier Invitational. The senior enjoyed a rib sandwich, french fries, apple sauce, a . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Common Core foes speak out at Marion
• St. Henry resident opposes fees
• Coldwater gives license issue first reading
• State fines Landmark, contractor for explosion
• State planning Celina state Route 197 resurfacing
• Celina council approves paying consultant
• St. Henry school officials say finances OK
• New Bremen councilors discuss street project
• St. Marys committee plans more discussions on dog ordinance
• Lady Cavs' bench loaded with 1,000-point scorers
• Sure sign of spring: baseball on the way
• 'Riders fall to T-Birds
• ODA approves St. Marys chicken farm's permits to expand
Sally Harting Abele, 82, Huber Heights, Dayton, passed away Feb. 9, 2015, at Hospice of Dayton, following tumor of the brain surgery. She was born June 8, 1932, in Cassella, to William and Anna Bertke Harting. On May 9, 1953, s . . .
Mark C. Pfenning, 55, Troy and formerly of St. Marys, died suddenly Feb. 7, 2015, in the emergency department of Joint Township District Memorial Hospital, St. Marys. He was born March 5, 1959, in St. Marys, to Paul and Dorothy . . .
Dorothy Zumberge, 80, formerly of Chickasaw, died at 4:12 p.m. Feb. 5, 2015, at Briarwood Village, Coldwater. She was born Dec. 24, 1934, in St. Patrick, to Nick and Adella Poeppelman Zumberge. Surviving are her siblings, Mar . . .
Connie Finke, 80, St. Marys, died Feb. 9, 2015, at St. Rita's Medical Center, Lima. Arrangements are pending at Miller Funeral Homes, St. Marys. . . .
Reba Ann Steinke, 72, St. Marys, died Feb. 8, 2015, at Vancrest of St. Marys Nursing Home. Arrangements are pending at Miller–Long & Folk Funeral Home, St. Marys, where calling is 5–7 p.m. Thursday. . . .