Wednesday, September 13th, 2006 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
WAPAKONETA - Several new vaccines soon will be available at the Auglaize County Health Department to protect the public from various illnesses. One of the vaccines is Gardasil, a drug recently approved by the U.S. Food & Drug A . . .
Celina city officials are moving forward with plans to go through a legal process to dispel lingering legal questions about a proposed lakefront walkway. City council members this week approved first reading of an ordinance to . . .
ANNA - With both teams undefeated and ranked number one in their respective divisions, the Marion Local-Anna volleyball match on Tuesday had the makings of an all-out barnburner. Instead, in a period of an hour and nine minutes . . .
ST. HENRY - As most local volleyball fans know the perennial power the St. Henry Redskins have stumbled out of the gates to start the 2006 season losing five of the first nine, albeit four of the five losses have come against Div . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Burial customs began with fears
• EPA approves low-interest loan for sewer extension
• Death certificates to be computerized
• Six minor citations issued to Auglaize County group home
• Go ahead for extended dredging OKed
• Council seeks new ways to find funds for proposed park project
• Coordinator happy with new all-day kindergarten class results
• Coldwater schools to pay for floor work
• Mercer commissioners asked to urge other counties to join yard sale
• Business' cleaning products friendly to the environment
• St. Henry girls golf stays strong
• Minster cruises to win in three
Derrell "Ted" Franklin, 96, of Fort Recovery, died at 6 p.m. Sept. 11, 2006, at The Gardens at St. Henry. He was born Aug. 12, 1910, in Jay County, Ind., to George and Mollie Warnock Franklin. On Dec. 25, 1941, he married Nelli . . .
Lucy M. Hoelscher, 92, of Celina, died the evening of Sept. 12, 2006, at Celina Manor Nursing Home. Arrangements are pending at W.H. Dick & Sons-Hellwarth Funeral Home, Celina. . . .
Everett F. Jump, 88, 1017 Edward St., St. Marys, died at 11:43 a.m. Sept. 12, 2006, at Wapakoneta Manor. He was born June 11, 1918, in Mexico, Ohio, to Wilson and Estella Jump. On Oct. 8, 1941, he married Margueritte Yeager, wh . . .
Coldwater native Karen Ann Kremer, 46, Anne Grady Center, Holland, Ohio, died Sept. 11, 2006, at the center. Death was due to natural causes. She was born Sept. 20, 1959, in Coldwater, to Ivo and Helen Heckler Kremer. Survivo . . .
Alice A. Tobin, 78, 31 S. Canal St., Montezuma, died Sept. 11, 2006, at her residence. She was born April 1, 1928, in Montezuma, to Loren and Margaret Burd Cencebaugh. On Dec. 5, 1946, she married John "Jack" Tobin, who surviv . . .