Friday, September 22nd, 2006 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
ST. MARYS - The school district and Fanning - Howey Associates hosted a community meeting Thursday night seeking public input on school facilities: build, renovate or make do with what's there now. About 60 people attended the . . .
MARIA STEIN - Brother Bernie Barga was the kind of man who could see into people's hearts and always find goodness, his friends say. "He was a very heartfelt man, he would see the good in everybody and in almost every situation . . .
ST. HENRY - Thursday night's match pairing up St. Henry and Coldwater once again proved that you better bring you're A-game every night that your up against a Midwest Athletic Conference opponent. The Redskins had just enough . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Congressional candidates disagree on many issues of national security
• State pays off in dispute with local MR/DD
• Celina resident is ruled as a sexual offender
• Celina students, staff urge seat belt use
• Low-interest loan will be sought for sewer planning
• Working together helps troubled students
• Three area residents hurt in accident
• Celina man pleads guilty to attempted burglary
• Celina runs undefeated WBL record to perfect 4-0
• Top-ranked Flyers stay unbeaten in the MAC
• Cardinals ride momentum to win
• Celina boys soccer grabs top spot in WBL after beating state-ranked Elida
Frank H. Fortkamp, 84, 6660 state Route 119, Maria Stein, died at 8:55 a.m. Sept. 21, 2006, at Celina Manor Nursing Home. He was born April 26, 1922, in St. Rose, to Frank and Josephine Hartings Fortkamp. On July 14, 1948, he m . . .
Mary Gelhaus, 76, 14639 state Route 118, New Weston, died at 9:25 a.m. Sept. 20, 2006, at her residence. Death was due to pancreatic cancer. She was born Sept. 3, 1930, in Dayton, to Al and Alvina Schmitmeyer Brockman. On May 2 . . .
Robert E. Hesse, 75, 20590 Maier-Barber Road, Mendon, died at 12:24 p.m. Sept. 20, 2006, at Hospice of Dayton, following an extended illness. He was born Jan. 7, 1931, in Auglaize County, to Elmer and Cecile Millisor Hesse. On . . .
Donald Hitchen, 71, 520 Oil St., St. Marys, died at 4:15 p.m. Sept. 21, 2006, at his residence. Arrangements are pending at Miller Funeral Home, St. Marys. . . .
William A. Sewell Sr., 86, 122 S. Walnut St., New Bremen, died Sept. 21, 2006, at Joint Township District Memorial Hospital, St. Marys. Arrangements are pending at Miller Funeral Home, St. Mary . . .
Friday, May 29
Thursday, May 28
Wednesday, May 27