Wednesday, September 27th, 2006
By Ryan Hines
Moorman's low score not enough for Bulldogs
Compiled by Ryan Hines
A near record round of golf by Celina's Kelsey Moorman at the Fox's Den wasn't enough to get the Bulldogs past Versailles on Tuesday afternoon.
Versailles posted a jaw-dropping team score of 196 to knock off Celina, which shot a respectable 218.
Moorman was medalist in the match for the Bulldogs firing a 46, just one shot off the school record. Rounding out the Celina scoring were Gina Everman with a 54, Abby Welker with a 58 and Ellen Bryan with a 60.
Ashley Dreese and Taylor Hutchinson led Versailles with 47s.
Celina is back in action again on Thursday in a nine-hole invitational hosted by Wayne Trace High School at Pleasant Valley Golf Course in Paulding County. The Bulldogs will play in sectionals at Kalida on Tuesday.
Additional online stories for this date
Print edition only stories for this date
• Celina officials donate own money for grant
• Too many cooks don't spoil Minster Oktoberfest soup
• Author entertains at St. Marys library
• Project takes big bite out of budget
• Residents ask questions on school project
• Proposed alley projects bring no objections from public
• Drive through window service for payment drop-off discussed
• Two women face possible felony drug charges
• Taft lauds CAPT at 10-year anniversary event
• Offensive onslaught for Celina over Bath