Wednesday, October 11th, 2006 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Bow hunters and anyone else who likes to shoot with traditional vertical bows and crossbows now has a place to practice at the St. Marys Fish Hatchery. Sean Finke, wildlife coordinator at the Mercer Waterfowl Area, built most o . . .
ST. HENRY - When the Fort Recovery Indians began this season with more head coaches than league victories at one point, the prospects for a successful campaign didn't look very promising. Tuesday in St. Henry, the Indians tang . . .
Compiled by Gary R. Rasberry The Minster girls golf team missed out on its goal of making the state golf tournament after finishing fourth at the district tournament on Tuesday at Sycamore Springs in Arlington. The Wildcat . . .
A pair of dominating games and a rally in the third game allowed Celina to sweep Defiance in a battle for second place in the Western Buckeye League volleyball race. Celina won the first two games by double-digit scores (25-14 . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Future MR/DD troubles looming
• Celina considers purchase
• Health officials welcome grant bucks
• Revolving loan to Cut-Rite LLC being considered
• Superintendent fills in board on safety procedures during a crisis
• Sheriff's Web site now lists inmates of Mercer County Jail
• Council holds off on decision on use of outdoor furnaces
• Subdivision to be added to village
• Board selects field reps
• Fort students can bowl, swim next year
• New businesses in New Bremen honored
• Empire's closing marks the end of an era
• Wagner's IGA getting a makeover
• Fairyland fantasy
• WBL soccer title slipping away
• Versailles clinches MAC volleyball title
• Car care for road trips
Philothea native and former Celina resident Rose H. Bremke, 95, of Dayton, died Oct. 10, 2006, at the Maria Joseph Center, Dayton. She was born Dec. 3, 1910, in Philothea, to Herman and Anna Dahlinghaus Fortkamp. On May 25, 19 . . .
Dale Humbert, 88, of Celina, died this morning, Oct. 11, 2006, at Briarwood Manor Nursing Home, Coldwater. Arrangements are pending at W.H. Dick & Sons-Hellwarth Funeral Home, Celina. . . .
New Weston native Harry R. Jones, 82, of Greenville, died Oct. 6, 2006, at Heartland of Greenville. He was born in February 1924 in New Weston, to William and Elsie Chrisler Jones. Surviving are a sister, Joan (Owen) Shumaker . . .
Helen L. Verhoff, 86, of Columbus Grove, died at 9:10 a.m. Oct. 10, 2006, at Putnam Acres Care Center, Ottawa. She was born Dec. 14, 1919, in Rockport, to Joseph and Mary Riepenhoff Lucke. On March 1, 1938, she married Amos H. . . .