Thursday, October 19th, 2006
By Margie Wuebker
Drugs stolen at local store
Fort Recovery Police continue to investigate a breaking and entering at Kaup Pharmacy, 110 E. Butler St.
Authorities responded to the scene at 11:17 p.m. Tuesday on reports someone had thrown a rock through a glass door in order to gain entry.
Once inside, the perpetrator allegedly took 200 oxycodone tablets in various milligram sizes. The narcotic is commonly used for pain control.
A rear door was unsecured, leading investigators to believe this was the escape route.
Officers from the Union City, Ind., police department also were called to the scene as they are investigating a similar breaking and entering at 10:13 p.m. that same night.
Union City Police Chief William Bradbury told The Daily Standard authorities believe the same perpetrator may be involved. The pharmacies are located approximately 20 miles apart.
Entry to the 366 W. Deerfield Road location in Union City was made by throwing a cinder block through the front door glass. The rear door at this location also was left unsecured.
"We believe the suspect was looking for oxy, but he apparently took tablets that were not controlled substances," Bradbury said. "We have some really nice video of him, and we are now working on identifying him."
Indiana law, unlike Ohio, requires narcotics like oxycodone to be under lock and key, according to Bradbury.
The two departments are working together to identify and apprehend the suspect.
Additional online stories for this date
Print and E-Edition only stories for this date
• A step closer to improved water
• Mendon property tax levy will be on ballot
• Two-week deadline set for delivery of street cleaner
• Season tickets offered for upcoming basketball season
• Students balance studies and sports
• Celina man gets 4 years in prison
• Local man is labeled a sexually oriented offender
• Redskins ready to face Tigers
• Playoff hopefuls look for wins and some help
• Celina vs. Defiance
• Parkway vs. Minster
• Coldwater vs. Fort Recovery
• Marion Local vs. Anna
• St. Marys vs. Elida
• New Bremen vs. St. John's
Saturday, February 18
Friday, February 17
Friday, February 17
Thursday, February 16