Thursday, October 19th, 2006 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Local clergy are speaking out against a proposed constitutional amendment that would allow slot machine gambling in Ohio if passed by voters in November. Issue 3, titled "Learn & Earn" for its intent to create college scholarsh . . .
Fort Recovery Police continue to investigate a breaking and entering at Kaup Pharmacy, 110 E. Butler St. Authorities responded to the scene at 11:17 p.m. Tuesday on reports someone had thrown a rock through a glass door in orde . . .
FORT RECOVERY - When he wasn't on the field playing this past Saturday, Jose Faller sat down or stood up on the sidelines cheering his teammates on. A couple of months ago, his only connection to the Mercer County Cougars, the . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• A step closer to improved water
• Mendon property tax levy will be on ballot
• Two-week deadline set for delivery of street cleaner
• Season tickets offered for upcoming basketball season
• Students balance studies and sports
• Celina man gets 4 years in prison
• Local man is labeled a sexually oriented offender
• Redskins ready to face Tigers
• Playoff hopefuls look for wins and some help
• Celina vs. Defiance
• Parkway vs. Minster
• Coldwater vs. Fort Recovery
• Marion Local vs. Anna
• St. Marys vs. Elida
• New Bremen vs. St. John's
Leo B. Borges, 87, 205 N. Cleveland St., Minster, died early this morning, Oct. 19, 2006, at Heritage Manor Nursing Home, Minster. Funeral arrangements are pending at Hogenkamp Funeral Home, Minster. . . .
Former Celina resident John E. Saddler, 85, died at 7:50 a.m. Oct. 17, 2006, at the Laurels of Shane Hill, Rockford. He was born June 6, 1921, to Oscar D. and Lela C. Burke Saddler. On April 4, 1953, he married Jean A. Hall, . . .
Former Willshire resident Robert E. Vining, 59, died at 10:16 p.m. Oct. 17, 2006, at the Miller House, Celina. Death was due to natural causes. He was born Nov. 20, 1946, in Van Wert, to Eugene and Rosella L. Dull Vining. His . . .