Thursday, June 21st, 2007 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Look ... up in the sky! It's a bird. It's a plane. No, it's Celina's entry into the Nashville, Tenn., Flugtag. Eleven 2007 Celina grads have built a flying machine to compete in Saturday's Red Bull Flugtag. Flugtag literall . . .
As Grand Lake skipper Scott French said, it was a wild way to win, but they'll take it. After losing a 4-3 lead in the eighth inning, the Mariners came back in the 11th, scoring on a botched intentional walk attempt to post a 5 . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Equipment problems blamed for local electrical outages
• Degree programs added
• Facilities undergoing much needed renovation
• Council considers merger of two public positions
• Rally comes up short for Post 648
• Daily Standard's sudoku tutorial part two: one step beyond basic
Bob Downing, 81, of Englewood, died June 18, 2007, at a hospice in Dayton. Funeral arrangements are pending at Newcomers Funeral Home, Dayton. . . .
Jennifer Lynn Fortman, 32, of Van Wert, died at 4:10 p.m. June 18, 2007, at St. Rita's Medical Center, Lima, of natural causes. She was born Jan. 24, 1975, in Van Wert, to Susan Kay Kesler, who survives in Rockford. She worke . . .