Wednesday, August 15th, 2007 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
NEW BREMEN - The recent painting of Morrison Bridge, the oldest bowstring girder bridge in the state, has one local resident seeing red in more ways than one. Joe Eilerman voiced his opposition to the village having painted the . . .
FORT RECOVERY - A new standards-based grade card will be introduced in grades K-2 for the upcoming school year, replacing traditional letter grades, according to elementary Principal Shelly Vaughn. During the regular school boa . . .
A Celina man faces felony charges after he allegedly vandalized two locations, including Celina High School, early Sunday morning. Joseph Gardner, 18, 751 Deford St., Lot 21, has been charged with breaking and entering, a fifth . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• St. Marys school district voters to decide on 6.9-mill levy
• City moves toward part ownership in power plant
• Seek sewage permits well in advance of building new home
• Majority of Parkway Local residents favor naming facilities
• Health officials promoting breast-feeding for healthier infants
• Coldwater students place above state and national level for ACT scores
• Engineering studies approved for five projects
• Celina man is sentenced
• Auglaize MR/DD receives accreditation to provide services
• Celina Pizza Hut gets new look
• Balance leads Cavs to county golf title
Celina native Irma P. Parry, 88, of Lancaster, died Aug. 1, 2007, in Tampa, Fla. She was born Feb. 1, 1919, in Celina, to Harry F. and Cady Preston. Her husband of 67 years, Carroll D. Parry II, survives. Also surviving are a . . .
Edgar W. St. Myer, 94, of Fort Recovery, died at 6:20 a.m. Aug. 14, 2007, at Briarwood Manor Nursing Home, Coldwater. He was born Nov. 3, 1912, in Randolph County, Ind., to John and Ida Cook St. Myer. On Sept. 29, 1934, he marr . . .