Friday, September 14th, 2007 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
St. MARYS - It's sometimes a challenge to get a boat onto Grand Lake due to any number of factors not excluding no cooperation from your crew. But for sailboat owners going out the channel at the St. Marys Yacht Club, the journey . . .
I procrastinated and didn't hang my hummingbird feeder outside until just a few weeks ago. The red feeder al-ready has attracted several of the amazing tiny birds that are migrating right now, much like the regal monarch butter . . .
Celina used an quick offensive burst in the first half to take control over Shawnee early, then coasted the rest of the way to take a 3-1 win over the Indians at the Celina Soccer Stadium in Western Buckeye League girls soccer ac . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Industrial heritage museum is discussed
• It takes dexterity, nerves of steel
• Cable company to begin installations
• Restaurant will re-open; county will recoup loan
• Mercer County Health Dept. sets new policy
• School will offer direct deposit for staff checks
• SWCD to update equipment
• Flyers shrug off early sluggish start
• Uninspired Celina rolls past Van Wert in three
• Celina tennis is making it look easy
Jacob E. Bowers, 77, 616 East High Street, Portland, Ind., died Sept. 12, 2007, at Ball Memorial Hospital, Muncie, Ind., following a brief illness. He was born July 31, 1930, in Columbus, Neb., to William J. and Alta Behlings B . . .
David L. Guggenbiller, 76, 831 Heather Drive, St. Marys, died at 7:40 p.m. Sept. 13, 2007, at the Wapakoneta Manor Nursing Home. Arrangements are pending at Miller Funeral Home, St. Marys. . . .