Friday, September 21st, 2007 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Work has finally started on the long anticipated demolition of the former Mersman Furniture Co. complex. Celina Safety-Service Director Jeff Hazel reported at a recent Celina City Council meeting that demolition crews are worki . . .
When Michael Sommers scored an unassisted goal with 38:31 left in Celina's contest with Kenton, it was meant to be a spirit-breaker. It ended up being needed as a game-winner. The Bulldogs led 3-0 at the half and 4-0 after So . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Board begins process to replace fair manager
• Wording on ballot could mislead some levy voters
• County limited in local purchases
• Loan to assist St. Henry business in its expansion
• Mendon teen works at Christian camp
• Celina still unbeaten in WBL volleyball
• NetDogs suffer first loss of season
Verna V. Glass, 89, 9130 state Route 197, Celina, died at 12:30 a.m. Sept. 19, 2007, at her residence. She was born Sept. 13, 1918, in Mercer County, to Joseph and Margaret Houser Now. Her first husband, Harry Preston, is decea . . .
Rudolph F. Kara, 79, of Rockford, died Sept. 17, 2007, at his residence. He was born June 6, 1928, in Cicero, Ill., to Frank and Anna Honus Kara. His wife, Susan Coburn, survives. Also surviving are a son, Michael (Patty), Pa . . .