Support These Participating Shop Small Business Saturday Merchants
Wednesday, November 7th, 2007 Stories in The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Mercer County voters approved a 0.5 percent sales tax to build a new jail by a razor-thin margin - with enough votes still left to be counted that the issue is still statistically a tossup. In unofficial vote totals, 5,426 vote . . .
Voters easily passed St. Marys City Schools' 6.9-mill bond levy with 61 percent in favor of a school construction project. Actual vote numbers were: 2,511 for and 1,614 against. The levy will bring in $25.75 million toward th . . .
A Mercer County couple is wondering how many other residents received the wrong election ballots on Tuesday, as their daughter voted on the Montezuma mayor and village council race even though she doesn't live in the village. C . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Celina boundary confusion limits voters
• Voter turnout is higher in Mercer than Auglaize County
• LaRue and Stewart win big at the polls
• School boards
• Council winners
• Mayors races
• Tri County, other local levies win broad support
• Liquor permit for Wal-Mart
• Bruns has been an asset for Flyers
• Local volleyball is well-represented at all-state level
• WSU-LC splits its first two games