Saturday, February 9th, 2008 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
MONTEZUMA - Martha Kennard still remembers as a young child soaring on top of the shoulders of the postmaster in order to reach the small, square, post office box where her family's mail awaited her grasp. "We had box number on . . .
NEW KNOXVILLE - It's often said that defense wins championships, but a blazing hot offense certainly doesn't hurt, either. The New Knoxville Rangers blistered the nets in shooting 60 percent from the field on their way to clinc . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Local arts couple moves production company to Celina building
• New water plant will reduce rust, evenly dispurse chlorine
• Indians break game open in third quarter
• Balance, defense key Coldwater victory over New Bremen
• Versailles wins a tight game at home
• Sherman too much for the Roughriders
• Blue Jays win first MAC game
Harold J. Homan, 86, 691 Frahm Pike, Celina, died at 2:35 p.m. Feb. 8, 2008, at The Laurels of Shane Hill, Rockford. He was born Aug. 31, 1921, in Portland, Ind., to August and Catherine Braun Homan. On Aug. 28, 1943, he marrie . . .
Loree "Ree" Caroline Nicodemus, 56, Covington, died Feb. 7, 2008, at the Upper Valley Medical Center, Troy. Death was due to natural causes. She was born June 13, 1951, in Celina to John H. and Virginia Loree Kittle Zumberge. H . . .
Thomas A. Schwartz, 72, 830 Linden Avenue, Celina, died at 8 p.m. Feb. 7, 2008, at his residence. He was born May 22, 1935, in Fremont to Norbert and Loretta Reinbolt Schwartz. On Nov. 28, 1957, he married Jean E. Kirwen, who s . . .