Sunday Night
52°
Increasing Clouds
18%
Monday
71°
Rain Showers Likely
73%
Monday Night
66°
Rain Showers Likely
70%
Tuesday
77°
Rain Showers Likely
64%
Tuesday Night
64°
Rain Showers Likely
65%
Wednesday
69°
Chance Rain Showers
28%
Wednesday Night
49°
Partly Cloudy
10%
Thursday
67°
Partly Sunny
10%
Thursday Night
51°
Partly Cloudy
12%
Friday
68°
Partly Sunny
13%
Friday Night
50°
Partly Cloudy
17%
3 Day
Extended
Wednesday, May 21st, 2008
From Associated Press
CLEVELAND - Mercer County is one of three counties asking the state for permission to continue counting ballots at one central location instead of at the precincts - a new requirement for the November presidential election.
Secretary of State Jennifer Brunner, a Democrat who has made election reform a priority, has asked that all counties have their paper ballots counted at the precincts and not at a central site. [More]
By Janie Southard
Celina City Schools should be in line to get an offer from the state this year for a school construction or renovation project.
The Ohio School Facilities Commission (OSCF) reported the state will fund 44 percent of any project leaving the community with 56 percent. The state allows one year from its offer for the school to raise the local money, most typically through a levy. [More]
By Margie Wuebker
A male driver on a four-wheeler led authorities on a pursuit Tuesday afternoon through parts of Celina and northward with speeds ranging from 60 to 75 miles per hour.
The driver, who has not been identified as yet, faces possible felony fleeing charges if apprehended, Celina Police Chief Dave Slusser told The Daily Standard this morning. [More]
By Ryan Hines
Overall excellence in athletics is bringing the Western Buckeye League All-Sports trophy back to Celina.
In a race that covered 18 sports and wasn't decided until the final event of the WBL track meet, Celina won by the slimmest of margins.
Celina recorded 137 points and trimmed Shawnee's 136.5 by 1/2 of a point. [More]
Obituaries on May 21st, 2008
Emerson E. Garbig, 93, formerly of Greenville, died at 8:45 a.m. May 20, 2008, at Otterbein Retirement Community, St. Marys, where he was a resident. [More]
Local pictures on May 21st, 2008
Subscriber only stories on May 21st, 2008
Van Wert County judge accused of misconduct
Current teacher to lead Parkway High School
Rockford pool closed
Declining enrollment means less money coming from state
Students to be honored at commencement ceremony
Officials from New Bremen attend Minster BOE meeting
Golf carts must be street legal
Celina avenges loss to Bath with tourney victory
Parkway softball advances to district final
Parkway gets shut out by Defiance
Vision document can help make a company great