Thursday, May 22nd, 2008 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
ROCKFORD - The village has been awarded a $500,000 grant and $250,000 zero percent interest loan from the Ohio Public Works Commission for a South Main Street reconstruction project and a new walkway to Parkway Local School. Vi . . .
COLDWATER - Down to its last out and trailing Crestview by one, Fort Recovery was looking for the big play from the bottom part of the batting order to keep the season alive. They found it in Nathan Keller. Keller's triple of . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Regional demand slightly down as gas up to near $4
• Minster board struggles with finances
• Case of Celina man charged with killing fetus and assault continues
• Top grads to speak at graduation ceremonies
• Engineer demonstrates new mapping system
• Summer school scheduled in Celina
• Event to benefit Center for Neurological Development
• Celina in contention after Day 1 of districts
• Grand Lake area has it all
• Time to howl in Chickasaw
• Harley motorcycle to given away at Celina Lake Festival
• Freedom Days celebration continues to expand
• Events scheduled for St. Marys Summerfest
• Plans set for Fall Harvest Festival
• Activities set for Holy Rosary Parish Festival
• Burkettsville Community Picnic plays host to good food and entertainment
• Visitors to Minster Oktoberfest have something to cluck about
• Mercer-Auglaize counties recreational sites
• Mercer-Auglaize counties golf courses
• Lodgings, camping sites are available near Grand Lake for summer visitors
• Eldora revved up for new season
• Zuma days scheduled
• Regatta adds 2008 Inboard Summer Nationals
• Magic highlights this year's Mercer County Fair
• Activity added to St. Henry picnic
• Coldwater Community Picnic to add ceremony for troops
• Celina lake concerts
• New Bremen outdoor concerts
• Minster concerts in park
• Grand National tractor pulls set
• Fort Recovery concert series in the park
• Garage sale, food and entertainment part of IC Parish Picnic
• Mariners return for another season of summer baseball
• Pomona festival is the (straw)berries
• Chatt to host festival
• 175th birthday will be celebrated at New Bremen Picnic
• Join the beer tasting experience at Bock and Rock
• Big top joining with Auglaize County Fair
• Durbin Bean Bake to serve up soup
• Coldwater softball tourney will benefit Muscular Dystrophy Association
• Elvin Bishop will rock Bluesfest
• Bremenfest to highlight canal history
• Balloons to soar, fiery brothers juggle at Country Fest
• Coldwater K of C Picnic opens season
• Baby and go-kart races to debut at Fort Recovery Jubilee
• Contests to abound at Mendon Firecracker Festival
• St. Patrick Day parade to return to St. Henry
• Rockford Community Days spreads across village
• The race is on at 2008 Pumpkin Fest
Richard J. Bensman, 86, 33 E. Third St., Minster, died at 12:48 p.m. May 21, 2008, at his residence. He was born March 26, 1922, in Minster, to Louis and Caroline Lampert Bensman. On Dec. 15, 1945, he married Marianna Gerwels, . . .
Former Mercer County resident John Vernon Bolenbaugh, 90, of Van Wert, died at 10:35 a.m. May 16, 2008, in the Convoy Care Center. He was born Oct. 19, 1917, in Glenmore, to Andrew Jackson and Laura Lucretia Kreischer Bolenbaug . . .
Mercer County native James Stanley Fiely, 36, of West Salem, died May 19, 2008, at the Travel Centers of America Truck Stop, Carlisle, Pa. Death was due to an apparent suicide. He was born Jan. 13, 1972, in Mercer County, to Ar . . .
Isabelle M. "Isie" Goffena, 94, of Versailles died at 6:40 a.m. May 21, 2008, at the Versailles Health Care Center. She was born May 9, 1914, in Newport to Louis and Eulalie "Lottie" Smith Cramer. On Sept. 22, 1934, she married . . .
Kenneth W. Huckemeyer, 66, of 103 Causeway Drive, St. Marys, was found dead May 21, 2008, at his residence. He had been in failing health for some time. Arrangements are pending at Miller Funeral Home, St. Marys. . . .
Norbert L. Verhoff, 78, of Continental died at 7:55 a.m. May 20, 2008, at his residence. He was born Sept. 19, 1929, in Cuba, Ohio, to Fred and Elizabeth Ellerbrock Verhoff. On Nov. 11, 1953, he married Juanita Mae Fout, who su . . .
Esther F. Whitacre, 84, 422 Reed St., Portland, Ind., died at 2:08 p.m. May 20, 2008, at Persimmon Ridge Healthcare, Portland, Ind. She was born in Jay County, Ind., on May 17, 1924, to Walter and Florentine Miller Loy. On Dec . . .
Tuesday, February 21
Monday, February 20
Saturday, February 18
Friday, February 17