Saturday, August 30th, 2008 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Local and state officials are urging area landowners to "do their homework" before signing land lease contracts for wind turbine projects. In the last year, at least three renewable energy companies have talked to area resident . . .
ROCKFORD - The Parkway Panthers used a solid defensive effort to defeat the Wayne Trace Raiders 33-0 in non-league action Friday night at Panther Stadium. The Parkway defense, in addition to pitching the shutout, held the Raide . . .
COLDWATER - Talk about the other side of the spectrum for the Coldwater defense. After facing Kenton's wide-open passing game last week in the season opener, the Cavaliers were facing a team that kept the ball between the tackl . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Of tomatoes, zucchini and trust
• Wapakoneta hands Celina loss in WBL opener
• Indians set new record for points in a game
• St. Marys wins WBL opener over Lima Bath
• Minster makes it two straight
• St. Henry rolls behind quick spurt of offense
• Record-low not good enough for Cardinals
Morris Leon Slone, 63, Troy, died at 8:53 a.m. Aug. 17, 2008, at his residence. Death was due to cancer. He was born Nov. 20, 1944, in Richmond, Ky., to Orvalle and Dessie Morris Slone, who are deceased. A stepfather, Joseph No . . .