Tuesday, September 16th, 2008 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
A 31-year-old Celina man died Monday evening of injuries sustained in a three-vehicle crash earlier in the day along state Route 219, east of Township Line Road. Todd L. Adams, 2102 St. Anthony Road, was pronounced dead at 6:3 . . .
Compiled by Ryan Hines and Gary R. Rasberry Celina concluded Western Buckeye League girls tennis dual match play with a 5-0 shutout of Defiance on Monday at the High School Courts. Celina, the defending WBL champ, ends league . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Celina schools defer taking state funding to build or renovate
• Superintendent seeks to retire, rehire for position
• Fuel costs for St. Marys to increase 100 percent
• Group takes to the streets to find safest walking route for students
• Grant will help residents with home improvements
• Bulldogs blank Shawnee, 2-0
Former Fort Recovery resident Ruth Grile, 81, of Piqua, died at 6 a.m. Sept. 15, 2008, at Garbry Ridge Assisted Living, Piqua. She was born Oct. 20, 1926, in Lorain, to Russel and Hazel Young Pyle. On Sept. 3, 1955, she married . . .
John P. Humphries, 73, 805 Oliver St., St. Marys, died at 11:25 a.m. Sept. 14, 2008, at St. Rita's Medical Center, Lima. He was born Sept. 7, 1935, in Bedford, Ind., to Belt and Marguerite Sulgrove Humphries. On June 28, 1958, . . .
Lawrence Luthman, 86, 106 Clearview Court, St. Marys, died at 3:25 p.m. Sept. 15, 2008, at St. Marys Living Center. Arrangements are pending at Miller Funeral Home, St. Marys. . . .