Saturday, September 20th, 2008 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
NEW KNOXVILLE - A large, aerial photo of the 2004 Ohio Northern University marching band hangs on the west wall of Cory Canan's small office in the music department at New Knoxville Local School. Canan, a college junior at the . . .
MARIA STEIN - The Marion Local Flyers put together a dominant second half and narrowly avoided disaster in the game's final seconds in stunning the St. Henry Redskins by a score of 17-10 at Booster Stadium. After scoring a pair . . .
NEW BREMEN - All night long the Minster offense drove relentlessly toward the New Bremen end zone, but it was the Cardinal defense coming up big time and again. Minster finally punched in a score with less than two minutes rem . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Minster teachers to act if mediation does not bring pact
• Publishing class answers the question: What's new at Parkway schools?
• Shawnee buries Celina with the run
• Fort Recovery ends two-game slide
• Cavs defense posts shutout on Rockets
• St. Marys stays on top of WBL standings
• St. John's tops Versailles, 14-8
• Bulldogs finish second in the WBL
Rockford native Charles "Chuck" Preston Hawk, 76, of Henderson, Nev., died Sept. 15, 2008, at Nathan Adelson Hospice, Las Vegas, Nev. He was born Feb. 6, 1932, in Rockford to A.J. and Fay Roberts Hawk. His wife, Sandra Katz, su . . .
Coldwater native Jerome "Jerry" H. Kuether, 50, of Houston, died at 8:45 p.m. Sept. 18, 2008, at St. Rita's Medical Center, Lima. Death was due to natural causes. He was born Oct. 2, 1957, in Coldwater to Lawrence A. and Mary J . . .