Thursday, October 23rd, 2008 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
ST. MARYS - Can a student play in two different sports in one season? No, that's the answer St. Marys school board members gave during a well-attended special board meeting Wednesday night. It became an issue when a soccer pl . . .
Mercer County commissioners this week approved approximately $28,000 in additional funds to the board of elections for extra items and salaries needed for this year's election. The initial request from the election board was fo . . .
FINDLAY - It seems the last few years, the Celina girls soccer team has hit a brick wall called Findlay when it came to the tournament. Not only have the Trojans played spoiler to the Bulldogs in five of the past six postseason . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Mortgage crisis hits close to home
• Funding slashed for transportation to aid local needy
• Incumbent seeks accountability; challenger wants to end Iraq war
• Celina Eastview Park may get new restroom
• Fire chiefs say don't open burn
• Referendum sign stolen
• History repeating itself for the Roughrider girls
• Drama still high with one game left to play
• Celina football has plenty to play for against Defiance
• Impact Game of the Week:
• Bits and Pieces...
Martha Kunkler, 78, 2787 Coldwater Creek Road, St. Henry, died at 10:28 p.m. Oct. 21, 2008, at the Gardens at Celina. She was born Nov. 26, 1929, in Dayton, to Norbert and Lillian Wright Frantz. On Oct. 21, 1950, she married Te . . .
Elliott Camden "Bud" Noel, 69, 205 S. Main St., Mendon, died at 2:04 a.m. Oct. 20, 2008, at Lima Memorial Hospital. He was born July 15, 1939, in Walton, W.Va. to Otis and Lucy Brown Noel. On Dec. 28, 2001, he married Patricia . . .