Friday, October 24th, 2008 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Parking on Celina's Main Street could be changed from the current 45 degree angled spots to parallel parking in the coming years. Celina City Council members are in the early stages of design planning for the forthcoming Main S . . .
The $5 million construction project at the hospital in Coldwater is back in action after workers received delayed steel shipments. The Mercer Health board of governors on Wednesday night were given an update on the project from . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Workman shocked, burned while working on power lines
• Lawyer, laborer and minister vie for senate
• Bids sought for county telecommunications
• Author: Children need to be strong in today's society
• Local man charged after foot chase in Coldwater
• Marion community welcomes new pastor
• Dietz, Dingledine win top awards in WBL
• Ottawa-Glandorf sweeps boys soccer top honors
Rita M. Ahrns, 54, of Fort Loramie, died at 12:55 a.m. Oct. 23, 2008, at Joint Township District Memorial Hospital, St. Marys. Death was due to natural causes. She was born June 27, 1954, in Dayton, to Bernard "Bernie" F. and M . . .
Daniel F. Amspaugh, 82, of Ansonia, died Oct. 22, 2008, at his residence. He was born in Beamsville to Z. Wileford and Lessie B. Warvel Amspaugh. His wife, Marilyn R. Purtee, died in 1975. Surviving are a daughter, Corl Amspa . . .
Douglas D. Dilbone, 64, of Columbus, died Oct. 14, 2008, at Mount Carmel St. Anne Hospital, Westerville. He was born Oct. 7, 1944, in Lima, to Darst and Florence Proffitt Dilbone. On Jan. 26, 1985, he married Sharon Schaffter, . . .
Former Celina resident Ruth Huelsman, 87, died Oct. 23, 2008, at McAuley Center, Urbana. Arrangements are pending at Hogenkamp Funeral Home, Coldwater. . . .