Friday, December 5th, 2008 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
After several attempts, the city of Celina has been awarded a highly competitive $400,000 state grant for downtown building improvements. Celina Planning and Community Development Director Kent Bryan on Thursday said Celina is . . .
FORT RECOVERY - Fort Recovery improved to 2-0 on the season, pulling away from a pesky Greenville squad in the fourth quarter en route to a 69-57 win at Fort Site Fieldhouse on Thursday. The Green Wave drop to 1-3 on the seaso . . .
A dump truck driver who forgot to lower his truck bed and hit an overpass sign on U.S. 33 closed down traffic for four hours on Thursday afternoon. The accident occurred around noon near the state Route 66 exit. The driver, w . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• St. Marys school gets green grant
• Reynolds & Reynolds workers are laid off
• Heritage Center awaiting tourism permit
• Local banks' lending abilities may be better than thought
• Four Celina residents arrested for drugs
• Lots of activity at local health department office
• Senior duo leads the way for the Rangers
• Bath pulls away from Coldwater in middle quarters
Glen Counterman, 80, of Celina, died early this morning, Dec. 5, 2008. Arrangements are pending at Cisco Funeral Home, Celina. . . .
Former Nelsonville resident Danny R. Gould, 71, of Hoagland, Ind., died at 6:16 a.m. Dec. 4, 2008, at Adams County Memorial Hospital, Decatur, Ind. He formerly lived in Celina and attended Celina City Schools. He was born Dec . . .
Friday, May 29
Thursday, May 28
Wednesday, May 27