Thursday, January 29th, 2009 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Snow was flying all day Wednesday throughout the village of Coldwater as several FFA students helped residents clear their driveways and sidewalks. "School was canceled due to the storm, and we just decided, as a community serv . . .
Gov. Ted Strickland's State of the State speech on Wednesday calls for big changes in Ohio's education system from extending the school year by 20 days, to a four-year residency program for teachers, to eliminating the state test . . .
NEW BREMEN - Get your dirndl frocks and lederhosen ready for the time to polka is quickly approaching after a local organization announced plans to resurrect the Fasching Fest. New Bremen village councilors listened to a Tuesd . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Grant sought to finish walkway
• Three-year prison term added for Celina man
• St. Henry man receives 26-month prison sentence
• Property owners charged for sidewalk repair
• Public hearing set to discuss federally-funded grants
• WBL-leading Celina hosts Kenton with MSU-bound Sherman
• Highlight Game: New Knoxville at Fort Recovery (Friday)
• Something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue . . .
Dick G. Neu, 80, of Lima, died at 3:10 a.m., Jan. 27, 2009, at St. Rita's Medical Center, Lima. He was born Jan. 9, 1929, in Lima, to Jesse Fruchey and Marie Strickler Neu. On Nov. 10, 1951, he married Margeria Luken, who survi . . .
Thursday, March 23
Wednesday, March 22
Saturday, March 18
Wednesday, March 15
Saturday, February 4