Saturday, January 31st, 2009 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Shoppers searching for bargains battled the elements and ventured to the Mercer County Senior Citizen Center's quarterly garage sale this week, oblivious of the snow-packed roads. The garage sale is more important than ever to . . .
FORT RECOVERY - The number-one ranked team in the state for Division IV boys basketball, the New Knoxville Rangers, went on the road and kept its undefeated season intact, surviving a 73-64 triple overtime Midwest Athletic Confer . . .
A woman whose vehicle became stranded in snow near Versailles early Friday morning was robbed by her would-be rescuer. The Darke County Sheriff's office said the woman wasn't injured in the 8:10 a.m. incident along state Route . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Extensive road project slated
• New office brings memories of past school days
• New Bremen restaurant to go Italian
• Commissioners take steps for bridge work, weed spraying
• St. Anthony area soldier improving after war injury
• Celina's Hertel wins WBL diving title
• Bulldogs dominate play in second half
• Cardinals hold off Flyers late
• Redskins grab control in fourth quarter
• O-G takes frustration out on Roughriders
• Balanced offense pushes Cavs to win
There are no obituaries for this day.