Wednesday, February 11th, 2009 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Several local communities have put their names in the hat for economic stimulus money. However, the "wish list" here in Ohio and across the nation totals far more dollars than President Barack Obama's plan can provide. No one y . . .
ST. MARYS - Ahead of schedule and under budget is good news on the new school being constructed. Bids recently came in at a total of $23.2 million, which is $4.4 million under estimate. Because of the low bids, the Ohio School . . .
FORT RECOVERY - Setting the tone early with defense and following up with solid shooting, Fort Recovery improved to 11-5 on the season with a 67-36 drubbing of Ansonia in a rare Tuesday night contest at Fort Site Fieldhouse. T . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Council to use carryover money to cover deficit
• St. Patrick's Day fun will return
• New Bremen buys road salt with group to cut costs
• Mayor: 2008 was year to complete infrastructure projects
• Out with the old, in with the new town solicitor
• 4 fire depts. unable to save local machine shed
• Lefeld constructs large shop addition
• Reconditioned appliance store opens
• Bulldogs' upset bid falls short in overtime
• Cavs fall on the road to state-ranked Wapak
Mary Lou Baker, 79, 211 N. Walnut St., St. Marys, died at 10 p.m. Feb. 9, 2009, at the Golden Living Center-Valley Nursing Home, St. Marys. She was born Nov. 2, 1929, in Willshire, to John and Bess Hole Miller. On May 26, 1962, . . .
Lowell E. "Spiz" Gagle, 79, 701 Meadowview Drive, Celina, died Feb., 8, 2009, at his home. He was born Jan 22, 1930, in Fort Recovery, to Dwight and Marguerite "Rita" Dilworth Gagle. On July 10, 1949, he married Juanita Hassan, . . .
Donald C. Huser, 79, 301 Mooring Line Drive, Celina, died at 5:45 p.m. Feb. 9, 2009, at Parkview Hospital, Fort Wayne, Ind. He was born Aug. 13, 1929, in Mercer County, to Levi and Lilly Reichart Huser. On Feb. 16, 1950, he mar . . .
Former New Bremen resident Dorothy A. Koeper, 81, died at 9:42 p.m. Feb. 9, 2009, at St. Rita's Medical Center, Lima. She was born Nov. 13, 1927, in Mercer County, to Louis and Viola Fricke Dicke. On Feb. 23, 1946, she married . . .