Tuesday, February 24th, 2009 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Lakefield Airport in Montezuma has been approved for a $68,000 grant to accommodate bigger aircraft and make the airfield safer. Mercer County commissioners, acting as administrators for the county-owned airport, held a special . . .
Call them Celina's Fab Five. Celina girls swim team members Kirsten Samples, LaRae Dorsten, Ashley Coon, Paige Mertz and Courtney McKirnan helped make history last season as the Swimmin' Women made the big board. Making the b . . .
The width of Celina's Main Street will be 701/2 feet when it is reconstructed in 2010, as city council members passed final reading of the street width proposal on Monday night. All council members voted yes, except Rick Bachel . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Tavern owner puts forth own proposal
• Curb appeal project slated for early spring
• Numerous arrests made at local bar fight
• Four busted on I-75 for meth-making items
• Homeowners learn estimate of street repairs
• USDA beginning farmer loans up
• Minster overcomes a big hole on the road
• Finding the way through Medicare enrollment
Former New Knoxville resident, Louisa C. Schrolucke, 100, died Feb. 23, 2009, at Auglaize Acres Nursing Home, Wapakoneta. Arrangements are pending at Vornholt-Miller Funeral Home, New Knoxville. . . .