Wednesday, February 25th, 2009 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Heroin, a popular injectable drug during the 1960s and 1970s, has made a big comeback in capsule form here in the Grand Lake area. It was one of the drugs found during a Tuesday drug raid in Mercer County that resulted in indic . . .
WAPAKONETA - Veteran Minster basketball coach Nann Stechschulte is a devotee of motivational quotes for her squad, so much so that she jokes that her girls sometimes get tired of her using them. One of Stechschulte's favorite . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Celina looks into buying former Versa Pak building
• Delay in passing budget means bills go unpaid
• Mercer County residents can dump hazardous waste in August
• Coldwater board OKs Griesdorn fundraiser
• School board may lend money for band uniforms
• Minimart serves Mendon
• Variety store to open in St. Marys plaza
• Strong debuts for Cavs and Panthers
• Roughriders come to life in the third
James "Jim" W. Leistenschneider, 79, 4711 Lange Road, St. Henry, died at 2:31 a.m. Feb. 25, 2009, at Celina Manor Nursing Home. Calling is 2-8 p.m. Friday and 9-10 a.m. Saturday at Hogenkamp Funeral Home, St. Henry. Funeral M . . .
Former New Knoxville resident Louisa C. Schrolucke, 100, died at 6:15 a.m. Feb. 23, 2009, at Auglaize Acres Nursing Home, Wapakoneta. She was born Sept. 9, 1908, in New Knoxville, to George and Sarah Fledderjohann Maneke. On Ma . . .
Former New Bremen resident Wilma "Willie" M. Shelby, 86, died at 3 a.m. Feb. 25, 2009, at Otterbein St. Marys Retirement Community, where she resided. Arrangements are pending at Gilberg-Hartwig Funeral Home, New Bremen. . . .