Wednesday, March 11th, 2009 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
The Ohio Department of Natural Resources will be added to the list of property owners billed for future ditch maintenance work along Beaver Creek after state officials failed to appear at a public hearing Tuesday. The hearing w . . .
WAPAKONETA - For the defending state champion New Knoxville Rangers, it was a battle for survival. For the Fort Recovery Indians, it was a struggle all night. The Rangers held off a feisty Temple Christian squad to stay alive . . .
WAPAKONETA - Auglaize County Medical Director Dr. Juan Torres has been approved to give physical exams and other certifications to pilots and other flight-associated personnel. At the Auglaize County Board of Health monthly mee . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• School officials eliminate adjusted first grade next fall
• Options offered for funding state parks
• Minster branding nears completion
• Construction of new restrooms could start in May
• Pool manager is hired
• St. Henry council OKs tax abatement deals with 2 businesses
• Marion Local's Mandarine Chinese language program to continue
• Parkway school board wraps up odds and ends
• Goodwill to build Celina store
• Knoxville women start business
Bertha Mae Edmiston, 97, formerly of 523 Lisle St., Celina, died at 5 p.m. March 9, 2009, at The Gardens of Celina. She was born Dec. 9, 1911, in Montezuma, to Cloid D. and Sarah C. Yaney Tobin. On Nov. 29, 1928, she married Ha . . .
Benny G. Williams, 76, of Rockford, died at 8:55 a.m. March 10, 2009, at Colonial Nursing Center, Rockford. He was born Feb. 5, 1933, in Mercer County, to John E. and Mabel W. Jackson Williams. On July 13, 1957, he married Peg . . .
Janis M. Wuebker, 71, of Beavercreek, died at 8:51 p.m. March 9, 2009 at Heartland of Beavercreek Nursing Home. She was born Oct. 8, 1937, in Minster, to Joseph and Frances Stelzer Wuebker. Surviving are a brother, Harold Wue . . .
Mostly sunny, mild
Mostly sunny, mild