Wednesday, April 1st, 2009 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
MINSTER - The president of the Minster Local Schools board of education faces numerous criminal charges including operating a vehicle under the influence and fleeing and eluding authorities following a March 18 traffic stop near . . .
The Mercer County Sheriff's Office has gotten the green light from commissioners to apply for nearly $500,000 in stimulus money to pay for five new corrections officers. If the money is obtained, it would be the largest grant e . . .
MARIA STEIN - The Marion Local Flyer baseball team evened their record at 1-1, rallying late on a Ben Smith two-run home run to defeat the Celina Bulldogs, 8-7, in a wild non-league matchup on Tuesday. Coming off a heartbreaki . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Celina cuts park trees to keep power flow
• Going up in smoke
• State agency considers permitting Fort Recovery farm to raise 1.2 million chickens
• Group studying hypoxia in Gulf of Mexico meets
• Cost rises to detain juveniles
• Coldwater man indicted on four rape charges
• Smith delivers for Roughriders with walk-off home run
• Stout fires a perfect game for the Redskins
• Lakeside restaurant to reopen
• Local entrepreneurs checking into loans
John Powell, 61, of Celina, died March 31, 2009, at his home. Arrangements are pending at W.H. Dick & Sons-Hellwarth Funeral Home, Celina. . . .
Kathryn B. "Kathy" Spurlock, 53, of Wapakoneta, died at 7:45 p.m. March 30, 2009, at St. Rita's Medical Center, Lima. Death was due to cancer. She was born May 14, 1955, in St. Marys, to Alvin and Dolores Otting Schulze. Her fa . . .
Blake William Wilges, 8, 602 Sixth Ave., Coldwater, died March 29, 2009, at his residence. Death was due to natural causes. He was born June 6, 2000, in Coldwater to Chad Wilges and Brandy Newcom. His mother and stepfather, Jus . . .