Support These Participating Shop Small Business Saturday Merchants
Reflections Hair Studio
Thursday, April 30th, 2009
By Janie Southard
Many issues facing local voters on Election Day
Election Day is Tuesday and polling locations will be open from 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Voters still need to bring identification to the polls in order to vote.
"Also, if you have moved or changed your name and did not update your voter registration, you will have to vote a provisional ballot at your new precinct," said Carolyn Campbell, executive director of Auglaize County Election Board, speaking of requirements for all voters.
Five area school districts are putting levies before voters: St. Henry, Parkway, St. Marys, New Bremen and New Knoxville.
In Auglaize County, the school levies are the only issues on the ballot. There are no candidates on the Auglaize ballot so voters do not have to declare a party when voting. Also, only voters who actually live in the school district will vote on that district's levy.
Auglaize election board office will be open from 8 a.m. to noon Saturday and 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Tuesday.
Residents of Logan Township who are in the St. Marys school district will vote at the Salem Township House for this election only, Campbell emphasized.
The only contested race in Mercer County is between Republicans Myron Buxton and Matthew Jeffries who are both running for Celina City Council Ward 1.
Mercer County has one countywide issue, that of Mercer County MR/DD's renewal levy. Voters in Rockford also will vote on a renewal levy for the village.
The Mercer election office will be open on Saturday from 9 a.m. to noon and on Tuesday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Additional online stories for this date
Print edition only stories for this date
• Flu causes drop in hog prices
• New Bremen schools seeking 1 percent income tax renewal on May 5 ballot
• Celina man pleads not guilty to killing stepson
• Permits OK'd to expand hen operation to 1.2 million birds
• New banners line streets in St. Henry
• Council approves seeking bids for lockkeeper's house on canal
• City likely to relinquish Myers Road lift station
• Celina man faces assault charges
• Art is big part of life
• Coldwater all alone on top of MAC
• 1981 was a special season for St. Marys
• St. Henry loses in the 10th inning to Lehman