Thursday, April 30th, 2009 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
A Mercer County agency that provides job services will share more than $1 million in stimulus funds with three other area counties. The local Workforce Investment Act (WIA) and its One Stop System was recently notified of the $ . . .
ST. MARYS - Late last year a local teenager broke into his former girlfriend's house armed with a knife. The apparent plan was a murder/suicide. By the time city police crisis negotiators arrived he was barricaded in the bathroom . . .
ST. MARYS - The bats were sizzling for the St. Marys softball team on Wednesday afternoon as the Roughriders hosted the rival Celina Bulldogs at K.C. Geiger Park. St. Marys belted 19 hits, including three home runs, during a 14 . . .
Election Day is Tuesday and polling locations will be open from 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Voters still need to bring identification to the polls in order to vote. "Also, if you have moved or changed your name and did not update yo . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Flu causes drop in hog prices
• New Bremen schools seeking 1 percent income tax renewal on May 5 ballot
• Celina man pleads not guilty to killing stepson
• Permits OK'd to expand hen operation to 1.2 million birds
• New banners line streets in St. Henry
• Council approves seeking bids for lockkeeper's house on canal
• City likely to relinquish Myers Road lift station
• Celina man faces assault charges
• Art is big part of life
• Coldwater all alone on top of MAC
• 1981 was a special season for St. Marys
• St. Henry loses in the 10th inning to Lehman
Fr. Richard Beischel, C.PP.S., 81, died April 27, 2009, in Valdivia, Chile, after a lengthy illness. He was born Feb. 12, 1928, in Cincinnati to Victor and Edith Frey Beischel. Surviving are three brothers, Jack (Rosemary), C . . .
Ethel Elizabeth Klosterman, 83, 85 W. Main St., Montezuma, died at 7:20 p.m. April 29, 2009, at her residence. She was born June 8, 1925, in Montezuma to Joseph and Philomena Woelk Wilker. On June 9, 1945, she married LeRoy A. . . .
Fr. Robert Onofrey, C.PP.S., 76, died at 5:10 p.m. April 28, 2009, in the infirmary of St. Charles Center, Carthagena, following an extended illness. He was born Dec. 18, 1932, in Cleveland to John and Olga Zukovic Onofrey. S . . .
Mostly cloudy, snow
Mostly cloudy, snow