Wednesday, May 6th, 2009 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
All local levies in Mercer and Auglaize counties passed at the polls Tuesday. Across the state, the election featured 128 school taxes on the ballots, and results were mixed, according to the Associated Press this morning. Scho . . .
Eight people - seven of them youths ages 16 and under - were injured in a three-vehicle crash Tuesday night at the intersection of state Route 716 and Overman Road, south of Maria Stein. Five rescue squads responded from a thre . . .
ST. HENRY - The Midwest Athletic Conference baseball race got a lot tighter thanks to an impressive performance by John Dorner's St. Henry Redskins on Tuesday. St. Henry got a strong pitching performance by Nick Bruns and the R . . .
A half million dollar project to upgrade a portion of Carthagena Road this summer was temporarily foiled after the Mercer County Engineer's office discovered a costly obstacle: electric poles. County commissioners Jerry Laffin . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Celina could face financial problems
• Rockford gets funds to build new water plant
• Buxton wins primary
• Football practice will move to part of park
• Fort Recovery council agrees to update computer system
• Years ago council established policy of homeowners paying for walks and curbs
• Center for Neurological Development observes 25 years of service
• Bargain hunters can get touch of the boutique
• Facility may expand
• Those Girls moves closer to Celina
• Imwalle pitches Flyers to victory over Indians
• Bulldogs finish season unbeaten in dual meets
• Efficient baseball helps Celina get victory over Bath
Carl Victor Binkley, 98, former pastor of Mount Tabor Church of God, Celina, died at 12:15 a.m. April 28, 2009, at Concord Village and Lutheran Home, Fort Wayne, Ind., where he had lived for the past four years. He was born Jan . . .
Thomas F. Girardot, 64, 5432 state Route 119, Minster, died May 4, 2009, at the Dayton Veteran's Center. Death was due to natural causes. He was born Jan. 26, 1945, in Dayton to Francis and Pearl Gromeaux Girardot. On Sept. 20, . . .
Colder, snow showers
Colder, snow showers