Thursday, August 13th, 2009 Stories in The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
ST. MARYS - Ahooooga! Ahooooga! Stand back! A trio of old-car owners will vie for bragging rights Saturday afternoon in a race against time right after the SummerFest parade, which begins at 4:30 p.m. Not that they need right . . .
Like many kids sitting in the grandstands at Eldora Speedway, New Knoxville's Brent Hole grew up dreaming about racing on the high-banks. For the past 10 years, Hole has lived that dream, wheeling first a stock car and now a m . . .
An opinion from the Ohio Attorney General's office has led the local health department to cease issuing annual licenses to solid waste haulers. The decision will cost the Mercer County-Celina City Health Department approximatel . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• The Mercer County Fair - only a day away
• Wanted - candidates for offices
• New Bremen receives $58,000 in stimulus funds
• Cookies served at New Bremen BOE meeting to celebrate excellent rating
• $1.74 million for school site improvement approved by St. Marys BOE
• Credit and debit cards now can be used to pay fees
• Board: Landlord responsible for removing ex-renter's trash
• Classmate of 1949 showing off artwork
• Minster easily wins the Auglaize County Open golf title at Arrowhead