Saturday, September 19th, 2009 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
NEW BREMEN - If the faded red, white and blue flag could talk, what tales it would tell about a war pitting North against South and in some cases brother against brother. The hand-stitched cotton and wool Civil War flag accompa . . .
MARIA STEIN - The Coldwater Cavaliers put on an offensive clinic at Booster Stadium on Friday night, as Keith Wenning and company scored early and often en route to a 42-19 thrashing of the Marion Local Flyers. The win moves Co . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Teachers, board tentatively agree
• This Bud's for you
• Two hurt in two-vehicle collision near Coldwater
• St. Marys beats Celina for 11th straight time
• Redskins take over in second quarter
• Fort Recovery slips past Minster, 13-6
• Kenton beats O-G in battle of WBL powers
• Rockets strike quickly in victory
• Blue Jays' offense explodes in first 10 minutes
Estella M. Piekenbrock, 95, formerly of Homan Road, St. Rose, died at 1:30 a.m. Sept. 18, 2009, at Briarwood Village, Coldwater. She was born Dec. 17, 1913, in Egypt to Joseph and Cecelia Wehrman Prenger. On June 30, 1936, she . . .