Monday, October 12th, 2009 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
COLUMBUS - Like many an Ohio State fan, Gary Hensley makes a trek to Ohio Stadium for every home game. But rather than tailgate and head in to watch the game, he makes sure the opposing team gets ready to face the Buckeyes. H . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• State to stock rainbow trout in channel by lake
• Historic walk leads to new marker for Minster's founder
• Homan has career day on defense for OSU
• St. Marys tandem beats Celina duo for third place
• Erb wins final race of season at Eldora
Fred L. Coldiron, 58, 100 W. Spring St., St. Marys, died at 8:08 p.m. Oct. 9, 2009, at St. Rita's Medical Center, Lima. He was born July 28, 1951, in Welch, W.Va., to John and Mary Rocchi Coldiron. Surviving are his siblings, . . .
Vergil Edgar Shaffer, 95, of Rockford, died at 8:15 a.m. Oct. 10, 2009, at Van Wert Inpatient Hospice Center. He was born July 6, 1914, in Mercer County to Lewis Franklin and Nellie Mae Mihm Shaffer. On Dec. 25, 1936, he marrie . . .