Wednesday, October 21st, 2009 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Local farmers may be harvesting corn into late November due to a wet fall that's kept them out of the fields. Add that to this year's drought and lackluster yields, and a lot of producers are wringing their hands, local ag offi . . .
NEW BREMEN - There were no surprises on the opening night of the Division IV volleyball sectional at New Bremen High School as the two teams with the better records - the New Knoxville Rangers and the Minster Wildcats - posted st . . .
There will be a special drawing at noon Oct. 31 at the Mercer Wildlife Area office on state Route 703 to determine who can trap in the state wildlife area Nov. 10-22 and Dec. 25 through Jan. 3. Sean Finke, coordinator of the wi . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Work will begin on senior apartments
• Four seek 2 Marion Twp. trustee posts
• Jobless rate drops percent
• Purchase of property approved for more library parking space
• District posts gloomy 5-year financial forecast
• Zuma restaurant adds beer garden
• Barber returns to his roots
• Celina, St. Marys sweep opponents
• Bulldogs earn rematch with Shawnee
• Fort Recovery opens tournament with win
• Coldwater girls soccer shut out by Fort Jennings
Former Celina resident Marilyn Bogle, 75, of Indianapolis, Ind., died Oct. 18, 2009. Arrangements are pending at Cisco Funeral Home, Celina. . . .
LeRoy E. Hoaglin, 76, of Van Wert, died at 7:55 a.m. Oct. 20, 2009, at Adams County Memorial Hospital, Decatur, Ind. He was born Dec. 15, 1932, in Van Wert County to David Emery and Zelpha Agnes Wolfcale Hoaglin. On April 11, 1 . . .
Agnes F. Lefeld, 83, 382 Kremer-Hoying Road, St. Henry, died at 8:20 a.m. Oct. 20, 2009, at the Gardens at St. Henry. She was born Oct. 1, 1926, in Sharpsburg to Philip and Elizabeth Schmitz Weitzel. On June 12, 1947, she marri . . .
Martha Jean Litkowski, 84, of Coldwater died at 12:15 p.m. Oct. 20, 2009, at Briarwood Village, Coldwater, where she was a resident since 2001. She was born Feb. 18, 1925, in Dayton to Casper and Hilda Litkowski. Survivors ar . . .