Support These Participating Shop Small Business Saturday Merchants
Homan's Gun Shop
Wednesday, October 21st, 2009 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Local farmers may be harvesting corn into late November due to a wet fall that's kept them out of the fields. Add that to this year's drought and lackluster yields, and a lot of producers are wringing their hands, local ag offi . . .
NEW BREMEN - There were no surprises on the opening night of the Division IV volleyball sectional at New Bremen High School as the two teams with the better records - the New Knoxville Rangers and the Minster Wildcats - posted st . . .
There will be a special drawing at noon Oct. 31 at the Mercer Wildlife Area office on state Route 703 to determine who can trap in the state wildlife area Nov. 10-22 and Dec. 25 through Jan. 3. Sean Finke, coordinator of the wi . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Work will begin on senior apartments
• Four seek 2 Marion Twp. trustee posts
• Jobless rate drops percent
• Purchase of property approved for more library parking space
• District posts gloomy 5-year financial forecast
• Zuma restaurant adds beer garden
• Barber returns to his roots
• Celina, St. Marys sweep opponents
• Bulldogs earn rematch with Shawnee
• Fort Recovery opens tournament with win
• Coldwater girls soccer shut out by Fort Jennings
Former Celina resident Marilyn Bogle, 75, of Indianapolis, Ind., died Oct. 18, 2009. Arrangements are pending at Cisco Funeral Home, Celina. . . .
LeRoy E. Hoaglin, 76, of Van Wert, died at 7:55 a.m. Oct. 20, 2009, at Adams County Memorial Hospital, Decatur, Ind. He was born Dec. 15, 1932, in Van Wert County to David Emery and Zelpha Agnes Wolfcale Hoaglin. On April 11, 1 . . .
Agnes F. Lefeld, 83, 382 Kremer-Hoying Road, St. Henry, died at 8:20 a.m. Oct. 20, 2009, at the Gardens at St. Henry. She was born Oct. 1, 1926, in Sharpsburg to Philip and Elizabeth Schmitz Weitzel. On June 12, 1947, she marri . . .
Martha Jean Litkowski, 84, of Coldwater died at 12:15 p.m. Oct. 20, 2009, at Briarwood Village, Coldwater, where she was a resident since 2001. She was born Feb. 18, 1925, in Dayton to Casper and Hilda Litkowski. Survivors ar . . .