Wednesday, December 2nd, 2009 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
An 18-year-old Celina man faces multiple charges after he allegedly entered a local church on three separate occasions and took items ranging from hand-held bells to electronic equipment. In addition, grand jurors indicted two . . .
Mercer County commissioners this week agreed to hire a company to re-design the Web site of the county's economic development office. The contract stipulates the commissioners - on behalf of the economic development office - wi . . .
The last time Coldwater tangled with Youngstown Ursuline in a state championship game, it turned out to be a game that would be talked about along with other great state championship games. While many Cavalier fans may only rem . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• 140 stumps and logs removed at Grand Lake
• $3.6 million-plan unveiled for Minster downtown street
• Death of St. Marys man ruled as traffic fatality
• More bridge projects on the list for 2010
• Marion Mutual Insurance doubles customer accounts
• Lamm's Insurance finishes construction of office
• Homan's Insurance renovates Chickasaw house to meet expanded office needs
• Luth powers Parkway to dominating victory
• St. Henry starts strong and holds on
• Cavs, Roughriders swimmers begin
Dorothy J. Duncan, 88, 6680 state Route 219, Montezuma, died at 10:05 a.m. Nov. 30, 2009, at Mercer County Community Hospital, Coldwater. She was born Jan. 16, 1921, in Xenia to Harry and Lila Kildow Manor. On Dec. 28, 1950, sh . . .
C. Calvin Houts, 85, 9209 Celina-Mendon Road, Celina died at 1:27 p.m. Nov. 30, 2009, at Celina Manor Nursing Home. He was born Aug. 27, 1942, in Center Township, Mercer County, to Fay and Esta Now Houts. On Oct. 11, 1947, he m . . .
Donald S. Howell, 84, 109 Home Ave., Celina died at 12:50 p.m. Nov. 30, 2009, at Joint Township District Memorial Hospital, St. Marys. He was born April 14, 1925, in Mercer County to Charles and Mellie Buck Howell. On April 5, . . .