Support These Participating Shop Small Business Saturday Merchants
Reflections Hair Studio
Tuesday, December 1st, 2009 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Tumbusch Construction of St. Henry has begun replacing water lines along Celina's Main Street - the first step of the Main Street reconstruction project. The contractor, which submitted the low bid of $515,035, is replacing the . . .
Every vote counts is what some learned after a final recount on Monday determined the winners of two council seats in Auglaize County. Auglaize County Board of Elections announced that Patrick McGowan defeated incumbent Mike Be . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Celina native killed at his home in Arizona
• Marion Local school board OKs land purchase
• Board OKs purchase of equipment sterilizer
• Teen missing since Sunday
• Stress is topic at Dine & Discover program
• Inexperience will be a concern for Bulldogs
• Celina will rely on its experienced seniors
• Late start nothing new for Kanney, Cavs
• Fisher likes the experience coming back
• Indians are looking to build around Kahlig
• Depth should be an asset for Fort Recovery
• A lot of question marks for Marion Local
• Fortkamp returns veteran roster with Flyers
• Pair of juniors will lead the way for Minster
• Wildcats want to play quicker on offense
• New Bremen looks like contenders in MAC
• Cardinals need their youth to learn quickly
• Fledderjohann takes over for the Rangers
• Depth will be a concern for New Knoxville
• Graduation left Parkway short on scoring
• Panthers continue to strive for improvement
• Rosenbeck can rely on experience at St. Henry
• Experience will be an asset for Redskins
• Hegemier trying to rebuild at St. Marys
• Fulmer inherits experience at St. Marys
• Bulldogs aiming for another strong season
• Cavs looking for successful year in pool
• Schulze excited to lead the way for Flyers
• Wildcats have sights set on improvement
• Veterans must lead the way for New Bremen
• Menchhofer has small group to work with
• Celina has a small but experienced squad
• Experienced veterans to help Cav grapplers
• Roughriders are young and mostly untested
Dorothy J. Duncan, 88, formerly of 6680 state Route 219, Montezuma, died at 10:05 a.m. Nov. 30, 2009, at the Mercer County Community Hospital, Coldwater. Arrangements are pending at Lehman-Hogenkamp-Dzendzel Funeral Home, Coldw . . .
Donald Howell, 84, of Celina, died at 12:47 p.m. Nov. 30, 2009. Arrangements are pending at Cisco Funeral Home, Celina. . . .
Edwin T. "Tim" Manson, 64, 113 S. Enterprise St., Celina died at 2:25 p.m. Nov. 29, 2009, at Joint Township District Memorial Hospital, St. Marys. Death was due to natural causes. He was born Oct. 27, 1945, in Troy to Richard a . . .
Jerry Newland, 39, Tempe, Ariz., and formerly of Celina, died at 10:17 p.m. Nov. 28, 2009 at Maricopa County Hospital, Tempe, Ariz. Police are investigating his death as a homicide. He was born Jan. 18, 1970, in Celina to Pat a . . .
John S. Rines, 75 formerly of 2246 E. 200 South, died Nov. 29, 2009, at Miller's Merry Manor, Dunkirk. He was born Dec. 14, 1933, in Jay County to Fred and Lois Journay Rines. His mother survives in Portland, Ind. On Sept. 17, . . .
Robert E. Sink, 93, of Van Wert, died at 3:33 a.m. Nov. 30, 2009, at Community Health Professionals-Inpatient Hospice Center, Van Wert. He was born May 4, 1916, in Van Wert to Ralph and Opal Ullam Sink. On Nov. 12, 1939, he mar . . .
Rev. John Zvijak, 72, of St. Charles Center, Carthagena, died at 5:54 p.m. Nov. 29, 2009, at Parkview Hospital, Fort Wayne, Ind., of complications following a stroke. He was born Jan. 3, 1937, in Whiting, Ind., to John and Hele . . .