Tuesday, December 29th, 2009 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
A couple hundred American servicemen and women who will be deployed to Afghanistan in January will rest their weary heads a little easier thanks to pillows handmade by a group of Celina area ladies. The small pillows, perfect f . . .
ST. MARYS - St. Henry shrugged off a rusty shooting effort and snapped a three-game losing streak, holding off St. Marys 36-33 at McBroom Gymnasium on Monday night. The Roughriders dropped their second straight game to fall to . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Meeting set on possible local postal changes
• Administration director retiring
• Council approves budget for 2010
• Driver and passenger hurt in snowmobile accident
• Deed copies available locally
• Celina buries Greenville in the third
• Unbeaten Anna tops the Flyers
• Minster is playing for third at Elida
• Dairy farmers eligible for funds
Wilson E. Denney, 80, 1974 Redbud Drive, Hamilton, died at 5:22 p.m. Dec. 27, 2009, at Hospice of Hamilton. He was born July 18, 1929, in Macedon, to William O. and Amy Runkel Denney. On April 30, 1954, he married Dorothy G. Ob . . .
Virginia Heil, 86, formerly of 418 S. Walnut St., New Bremen, died Dec. 27, 2009, at 7:25 a.m. at the Grand Rapids Care Center, Grand Rapids, Ohio. She was born June 23, 1923, in New Bremen, to Raymond and Dorothy Brockman Kett . . .
Irene Miller Staugler, 94, 207 Briarwood Drive, Coldwater, died in the morning of Dec. 27, 2009, at her residence. She was born Oct. 10, 1915, in Beamsville, to Webster and Bertha Fisher Miller. On Dec. 1, 1945, she married Hen . . .