Friday, February 5th, 2010 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
A private alliance is forming to help farmers in the Grand Lake Watershed comply with existing environmental regulations to protect and improve the lake's water quality. Tom Menke, who operates Menke Consulting in Greenville, a . . .
ST. HENRY - Fort Recovery dominated from the opening tip and didn't let up until the final horn sounded to stay a game back of Marion Local in the Midwest Athletic Conference standings with a 70-36 win over St. Henry at Redskin G . . .
The newly formed Grand Lake Photo Club seeks photographers of all skill levels to join and share their passion, knowledge and techniques with one another. "It brings us joy to show people what we see of this world," co-founder . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Health department to provide jail nurse
• Landfill owners OK new policy on post-closure maintenance
• Health board positions up for review
• City waits on permit from railroad
• GPS technology discussed at Thursday's ag breakfast
• Multiple thefts reported
• County Commissioners seek bids for road materials
• Bulldogs halt three-game losing streak
• Flyers maintain MAC lead with a convincing victory
• Minster buries Versailles in the first half
Cyrillus A. "Cy" Wendel, 79, 201 Harrison St., Fort Recovery, died Feb. 4, 2010, at his home. Funeral arrangements are pending at Brockman-Boeckman Funeral Home, Fort Recovery. . . .
Ernest "Ernie" Young, 95, of Union City, Ind., died Feb. 3, 2010, at St. Vincent Randolph Hospital, Winchester, Ind. He was born April 15, 1914, in Jennings County, Ind., to Clarence M. and Addie Mae McClellan Young. His first . . .