Wednesday, May 12th, 2010 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
An area judge ruled in favor of the state on 17 of 23 counts in a lawsuit against Stateline Agri alleging illegal manure management, pollution incidents and violations of state permits between 2003 and 2007. The violations were . . .
NEW BREMEN - The Marion Local Flyers got some offensive magic in the late innings by scoring seven runs in the last two frames to rally from a 1-0 deficit to post a 7-1 win over the Waynesfield-Goshen Tigers to capture a Divisio . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Parks department running on reduced budget
• Council tables sale of industrial park land
• Not all school officials giving A+ to in-school vaccinations
• Job agency to net equipment, furniture overhaul
• Teachers' union supports applying for federal Race to the Top grant
• Physical activity keeps bones strong
• New Bremen prepares to annex 90 acres
• Teachers vote on applying for federal grant funds
• Celina student arrested for drug charges
• Bar/grill to reopen with Caribbean feel
• Minster boys, Versailles girls hold the early lead
Alma M. Hittepole, 93, 504 E. Monroe St., New Bremen, died at 11:35 p.m. May 10, 2010, at St. Marys Living Center, St. Marys, where she lived since 2007. She was born Aug. 18, 1916, near Anna, to Arthur and Mary Seigle Butterfi . . .
Dianne E. Kennedy, 66, 03221 Dowty Road, St. Marys, died at 9:17 a.m. May 11, 2010, at Joint Township District Memorial Hospital in St. Marys. Arrangements are being completed with Miller Funeral Home in St. Marys. . . .
Mabel Lou Thomas, 66, 1102 Lilac St., Celina, died May 11, 2010, at home. She was born March 27, 1944, in Celina to Cy Thomas and Geraldine Barnhill Martin. Surviving are a daughter, Erin (John) Anhalt, Edmond, Okla.; two . . .