Friday, May 28th, 2010 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
CELINA - A disabled Army veteran, hit hard by the Iraqi war and the slow economy, found a way to increase his recovery odds: Start a company. He's done just that - with a boost from a lifelong buddy, some local folks who took a c . . .
What could have been a confrontation and standoff, turned out to be an amicable and unanimous recommendation of Deb Sneddon as the new director of the Mercer County Board of Elections. At a brief special meeting this morning to . . .
TIPP CITY - The St. Henry softball team managed to wiggle out of danger in the first three innings, but the Redskins weren't so lucky in the fourth. Newton scored three times in the fourth inning and rode the left arm of pitche . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Council OKs terms for industrial land deal
• Lottery ticket vendor settles cheating charge
• Services throughout area will honor veterans
• Vote near on restaurant waste rules
• Grant to fund new filtration technology
• County getting road ready for snow, ice
• Graduation set for Sunday
• Oldest Celina church to celebrate 170th anniversary
• Wolters aiming for success at Eldora
Mary A. Slorp, 91, Celina, died May 28, 2010. Funeral services are pending at Cisco Funeral Home in Celina. . . .
Imelda A. Heckman, 85, Maria Stein, died at 12:29 a.m. May 27, 2010, at Mercer County Community Hospital in Coldwater. She was born July 10, 1924, in Cassella, to Aloys and Cleophia Boeke Schoenherr. On Nov. 29, 1947, she marri . . .
Rita Grimm, 89, Minster, died at 8:02 a.m. May 27, 2010, at Joint Township District Memorial Hospital in St. Marys. She was born Jan. 20, 1921, in Minster, to Raymond and Laura Stueve Westerheide. On Aug. 17, 1940, she married . . .